Today, I want to give tribute to a great man of faith, a man who stood for the healing power of Jesus Christ for over seventy-five years…my father, Oral Roberts.
I have so many wonderful memories of growing up as his son! They are alive and burning in my heart. He built a foundation on the Word of God and faith in me that I still live by today, and I have taught them to my children.
My father taught me:
- God is a good God. The devil is a bad devil, and God is totally good. There is no badness in God, and there is no goodness in the devil. And when you see Jesus in the Word, you’ve seen the Father. Jesus came to take off of you what the devil put on you, to take out of you what the devil put in you, to put back on you what the devil took off, and to put back in you what the devil took out.
- Stay little in your own eyes. My father learned this from his mother, who said, “Son, stay little in your own eyes, obey God, and you will bless the world.”
- The Word of God is alive. My father taught me to study the Word and meditate on it so that out of the abundance of my heart, my mouth will speak life when I get into a jam.
- Jesus is a healing Jesus. Jesus was moved with compassion when He saw sick people. Compassion is an irresistible urge to rid a person of their problems, and that compassion is in me.
- My life is a seed. My love, time, money, prayers, compassion, and anointing can be planted to God as seeds. As I sow them, God will cause them to grow and multiply them back to me.